Our focus is on making marketers better marketers. And we do this by delivering integrated, strategic, and tactical knowledge you need to have to be the very best in your field.
I initially joined AMA Colorado for two reasons: because I’m a firm believer that you can never stop learning, and to meet and connect with like-minded people.
As it turns out, AMA has not only provided me countless opportunities to sharpen my marketing skills and given me the chance to meet some pretty amazing people - not just here in Colorado but across multiple chapters nationwide.
More than ever, the thing that keeps me most engaged is the sense of community AMA Colorado has created for me over the past several years. Throughout the pandemic, for example, I knew I could count on connecting with folks at least once a month at our virtual events. And when the world was seemingly turned upside down, we took the time to examine and make sense of what was happening from a marketing lens. Perhaps most important, we made a commitment to creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive group for marketers. I’m still learning quite a bit on this front, and so proud of our chapter’s efforts to continue to affirm this promise.
Wondering what some of the other benefits might be to membership? Here are just a few more you can count on by joining our award-winning chapter:
A new perk every week – AMA delivers a new perk to your inbox each week. Whether it’s a free online training, a new toolkit, or crucial insights, it will be geared at the skills, tools, and knowledge that are vital to keeping your career and business moving.
- Member’s content and toolkits - Sometimes the most difficult part of a project is getting started. AMA offers countless marketer’s toolkits including essential templates and webinars both live and on-demand that can help give you the boost you need.
- Training - Receive discounts on national and local AMA events where thought leaders across industries share their insights.
- Discounted event access - Nearly all of our AMA Colorado events are now available to attend free as a member. We hope to return to in-person events soon and look forward to seeing you there.
- Connections both locally and nationally - Several of our chapter’s board members are transplants from other cities. And with more than 65 chapters nationwide, it's fun to network with other professionals and exchange ideas about trends they’re seeing in marketing right now.
Recently, we surveyed our members to learn more about the types of things they’d like to see. Here is just a sampling of some of the ideas shared with us:
- More member-only events and content
- Create more in-person events
- Establish a mentorship program
- Variety of networking events like lunch, hiking, and other meet-ups
- Speaker Lunch and Learns
What do you think? We’ll be discussing these ideas as a board soon, and see how we might implement some of them. If you’re passionate about any of these topics, let us know.
Learn more and become a member now. Then, take a look at some of our upcoming events including learning how to turn data and Insights to Action on March 9. Or join our Mastermind event on March 22 where you’ll connect with seasoned marketing professionals from AMA Philadelphia, AMA Portland, AMA Colorado, and AMA New Mexico, to mastermind with some of the best minds in the country.
Looking forward to meeting you at an event!
- Marie Knowles, AMA Colorado President